1. How does Darko Suvin define Science Fiction? Explain the definition, and give two examples from the stories or film that we covered in class.
2. Is “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas” an anti-utopian story? Explain your answer
3. What are the utopian content, form and function of the following: The A&F commercial, Marinaleda, “Big Rock Candy Mountain”.
4. In the end of “How’s Business?,” the narrator’s perspective suddenly changes. How does it change? What consequences does this change have for the interpretation of the story?
5. In Snowpiercer, what does the protagonist realize about the revolution and the social system of the train when he meets Wilford? Explain your answer.
6. What in our way of life does Marinaleda estrange? Discuss at least three ways in which the town estranges our reality.
7. Name three main characteristics of satire. Where can you see examples for these in Swift’s “A Modest Proposal”?
8. Choose two literary texts that we have read in class, and explain how each of them is related to its historical context.
9. How does Coercion function as a system in 1984? In your answer, show how elements from multiple dimensions of life work together to generate coercive effects.