Chapter 4: BRICs Vanguard of the revolution closing case
- Estimate the likely market evolution of the BRICs over the next decade. What economic indicators might companies monitor to best guide investments and actions
- Identify three implications of the emergence of the BRICs for careers and companies in your country
- Do you think recency bias has led to overestimating the potential of the BRICs? How would you, as a manager for a company assessing these markets, try to control this bias?
- How might managers interpret the potential for their product in a market that is, in absolute economic terms, large, but on a per-capita basis, characterized by a majority of poor consumers?
- In the event that the BRICs fail to meet projected performance, what would be some of the implications for the international business environment?
- Contrast the merits of GNI, Net National Product, and Your Better Life Index as indicators of economic performance in Brazil, Russia, China, and India
Chapter 6: US – Cuban Trade Closing Case
- Should the United States seek to tighten its economic grip on Cuba? If so, why?
- Should the United States normalize business relations with Cuba? If so, what conditions might/should the U.S. stipulate?
- Assume you are Cuba’s leader. What kind of trade relationship with the United States would be in your best interest? What type would you be willing to accept?
- How do the structure and relationships of the U.S. political system influence the existence and specification of the trade embargo?
- Much of U.S. tourism, especially via cruise ships, goes to the Caribbean. Do you think the end of U.S. travel restrictions to Cuba will add or displace tourism to other Caribbean countries?
- List and explain the advantages that might accrue to the United States if the embargo with Cuba were lifted.
- Research and cite and reference at least 4 peer reviewed journal articles found in the Potomac Library Resources area
- APA format, 4–5 pages in length (excluding cover page, abstract, and reference list)
- Turn in the Paper to SMARTHINKING.com before submitting your final paper.
- Turn in a final paper and the paper with the SMARTHINKING.com tutor comments.·
- Use the APA template located in the Student Resource Center to complete the assignment.