Assignment: Draft Doctoral Study Prospectus
Small business owners’ strategies to retain employees
So far during this course, you have proposed quantitative and qualitative studies. This assignment, however, will require you to develop major components of Section 1 of the Doctoral Study according to the DBA Doctoral Study Rubric standards.
To prepare for this Assignment, review page 5 in the DBA Doctoral Study Prospectus Guide, as well as Section 1.13 of the Doctoral Study Rubric and Research Handbook for details on the Significance of the Study. Consider the ramifications of your proposed study for both business practice and promoting positive social change.
By Day 7
Submit your Doctoral Study Prospectus draft, using the Doctoral Study Template, and include the following elements: A qualitative study
- Problem Statement (not to exceed 150 words) Problem Statement comprises four elements, to include the (a) hook, (b) anchor, (c) general business problem, and (d) specific business problem.
- Purpose Statement (not to exceed 200 words) Refer to the link for guide related to the purpose statement.
- Nature of the Study
- Central Research Question and Interview Questions (qualitative)
- Theoretical/Conceptual Framework
- Significance of the Study
- Review of the Professional and Academic Literature
- Minimum of 10 peer-reviewed references
Please refer to the DBA Doctoral Study Prospectus Guide for more specific information about the length/requirements for each component in the Doctoral Study Prospectus.
Note: Be sure to use the Doctoral Study Template, found in this week’s Required Readings, to complete this Assignment. Also, refer to the Week 7 Assignment Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.