Training Project Instructions
Part 1: Detailed Lesson Plan
Create a 1–2-page detailed lesson plan for the training course that you proposed in Module/Week 2. Noe (2010) states, “lesson plans include the sequence of activities that will be conducted in the training session and identify the administrative details” (p. 209). Use the format in Table 5.6 on p. 208 of the Noe text as a template. Be sure to include details such as the room arrangement, materials, and equipment needed. Be sure to include the Lesson Outline/Instructor Activity/Trainee Activity/Time section on the template as well. Take a look at Noe pp. 169–171 for pointers on creating objectives.
No in-text citations should be included in the design document itself, they will appear in the discussion that is to follow. Do include a title page in current APA format prior to the Detailed Lesson Plan.
Part 2: Project Reflection
Write a 5–7-page paper that addresses the following questions. Include an introduction and a conclusion in this paper. The title page, detailed lesson plan (from Part 1), and reference page will not count toward the 5–7-page length requirement of this assignment. The topic of the questions may be used as section headers to assist in the flow of the paper (training and organizational goals, adult learning theory, etc.). Apply Reading & Study materials, such as the textbooks, into this paper. In addition, you must include a minimum of 5 scholarly, peer-reviewed articles. Course material and other textbooks do not count towards the 5 required resources; however, the Noe textbook must be incorporated.
1. Briefly describe how this training will help meet the goals of the organization.
1. Describe characteristics of adult learners. How would the adult learning theory (Andragogy) be considered in the design of your training course materials?
1. Define transfer of training. How can transfer of training be supported before, during, and after the training session? Discuss how you will determine if transfer of training was accomplished. Provide an example of near transfer and far transfer as it relates to your training.
1. What tools would you use to evaluate student learning? How would you determine if the objectives of the course are met? (Discuss each objective you designed specifically).
1. Distinguish between ROI (Return on investment) and ROE (Return on expectations). What is more appropriate for the training you designed? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the method you chose (ROI or ROE)?
To fully develop your selection, i.e. Cross Cultural training provided for members of management for a retail business comprised of 300 employees as an example. This will allow further exploration such as training will be conducted in small groups of 10 to 20 new employees. Therefore, defining the target audience, the type of organization is key and essential to support part two of your product.