I have chosen to do my project on opening an affordable child care center for children with special needs in the Plainfield or Camby IN area. The center would have RN and LPN’S on staff always. Also, it would provide a feeding clinic (no matter how the child is to be feed), Early Intervention, speech, and therapy. Also, would have staff available for the parents to get answers to many medical problems for their child or refer them to where they would need to go to assist them with these problems.
Think of a project you can create, implement and evaluate. The project should achieve these goals:
a. Helps to improve the health and/or well-being of community members
b. Follows the four phases of the project life cycle (Pg. 6)
c. A topic in which you are already familiar
2. Write a Vision Statement:
a. Create a short, declarative sentence that summarizes the point of the project and represents a broad view of the project as though the project has been completely implemented. Think: What do I want the project to look like when it is fully implemented?
b. Examples of visions statements:
1. Make-A-Wish: We are dedicated to making every eligible child’s wish come true.
2. Special Olympics: To transform communities by inspiring people throughout the world to open their minds, accept and include people with intellectual disabilities and thereby anyone who is perceived as different.
3. Write a Mission Statement:
a. create one, declarative sentence that describes a general vision of how you will achieve your vision. Think: How will I get from where I am now to the vision for my project?
b. Examples of some vision statements are:
Make-A-Wish To grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Special Olympics The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
My book is Project Planning and Management; A guide for nurses and interprofessional teams (2nd edition) by; James l. Harris, Linda Roussel, Catherine Dearman, and Patricia L. Thomas. 2016.
Vision Statement is one sentence in length
· Statement summarizes the big picture of what is to be accomplished through the project
· Mission Statement is one sentence in length
· Mission Statement is a general statement of how the vision will be achieved.