Only Need An Outline
SECOND: Please submit the following here ()
- Identify which paper prompt you selected (the text-to-self or text-to-text option)
- Create a thesis statement for the paper prompt you selected. Write it down.
- Identify how you plan to support your thesis in the body of your paper. What points do you plan to make? What evidence do you plan to use? Write it down.
- Write down any questions you have for your peer review partners.
Paper Prompt I Selected: Text-to-Text option
Working Thesis: In the movie Hidden Figures, Katherine blah blah blah blah blah blah. [pretend there is a complete thesis statement here]
How I Plan to Support This Thesis: I plan to write five body paragraphs to support this thesis.
- In the first body paragraph, I plan to define what stereotype threat is and how it impacts others. I will then focus on summarizing all the ways that African Americans appear to be stereotyped in the film. I may also include some quotes from Claude Steele where he focuses on specific ways that African Americas were stereotyped in Chicago. I haven’t decided yet.
- In the second body paragraph, I plan to show how Katherine faces stereotype threat. In particular, I will discuss XXX scene and highlight blah blah blah.
- In the third paragraph, I’ll show how the stereotypes held against Katherine initially limited her opportunities to advance at NASA. In particular, I will talk about blah blah blah blah.
- In the fourth paragraph, I’ll also show how the stereotype threat limited how Katherine saw herself. In particular, I’ll discuss XXX scene where Katherine appears to talk down about herself.
- In the fifth paragraph, I’ll address how Katherine was able to use a growth mindset to overcome this instance of stereotype threat. I’ll point out how she said blah blah blah and completed XXX actions–all evidence of her having a strong growth mindset.
Conclusion “So What”: Not sure yet. I may talk about the power of mindsets and focus on how much Katherine was able to achieve at Nasa. Still working on this.
Questions I Have For My Peer Review Group:
- I’m not sure how to begin this paper. What sort of hook could I create for the introduction paragraph?
- What do you think of my thesis? Am I on topic? Is it clear, specific, and analytical?
- Am I referencing the best evidence in my body section? Are there any scenes from the movie that you think I should include or exclude?
my choice is Text-to-Self option.
please read the and follow the example
due at 7hrs later
plz on time!!