Select one of the major topics listed below using course topics previously referenced as the basis for the paper.
- Discuss both internal and external users of the financial statements. Explain how external stakeholders use financial information such as company income statements and balance sheets to make decisions about the company in terms of granting loans and buying stock in the company. Discuss how common financial ratios and investment analysis is used to conduct due diligence by external parties and how factors such as accounts receivables, accounts payables, earnings returns, returns on inventory, etc. are applied to evaluate a firm’s financial and business health.
- Discuss depreciation as a tool for managing and evaluating the life and utility of assets of the firm. What are the methods and under what conditions would each method be used and applied? Does a firm’s tax planning influence the decision? How do external stakeholders assess the validity of depreciation schemes?
- Identify the main issues in the chosen area and accurately respond to each of the questions from the chosen area.
- Build upon class activities by referencing new learning that has occurred.
- Present specific current and/or future applications and relevance to the typical workplace.
- Must be seven to ten double-spaced pages in length (exclusive of Appendix, References, Exhibits, etc.) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least three other appropriately documented, related articles drawn from the University’s library (excluding your textbook).
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your paper must
Guidelines for writing the Final Paper are as follows: