opic Selection and Annotated Bibliography
- Topic Selection and Annotated Bibliography Scoring Guide.
- Academic Honesty & APA Style and Formatting.
- Sources and Evidence.
- Direct Quoting, Summarizing, and Paraphrasing.
This assignment is the first of several components in your quantitative or qualitative research proposal project. Going through the process will help you become a more critical consumer of research studies. For this assessment, you will select one of your proposed research topics and construct a title. You will also create an annotated bibliography.
Topic and Title Instructions
Briefly describe the topic area you are considering for your final project.
- The topic needs to address issues in your particular human services or public safety field or discipline.
- Construct a title for your topic (no more than 12 words in length) that summarizes the main idea of the final project in a concise statement.
Annotated Bibliography Instructions
An annotated bibliography provides the readers of your research proposal with additional background information about your topic. The annotated bibliography must reference a minimum of six peer-reviewed journal articles or dissertations related to your topic.
In the annotated part of the bibliography, include:
- The complete citation of each reference source, presented in APA format.
- An annotation of each reference source that includes a brief written description and evaluation of the reference (approximately 50 words) together with its relationship to the literature review topic.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA current edition style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 6 resources.
- Length of paper: 2–3 double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.