Write a one- to two-page formal letter or memo in which you communicate a negative message. You may select from one of the following scenarios:
- Tell your investors or employees about a recent decrease in your company’s stock value.
- Inform employees of a coming round of layoffs at your place of business.
- Communicate displeasure with a business’s or vendor’s work practices or product.
- Inform a customer that you are unable to refund his or her money or accept a returned product.
- Select another scenario of your choice, as approved by your instructor.
Format your letter or memo as suggested in Ch. 10 of Workplace Writing.