How Healthy Is Your Community?
To prepare for this Discussion, first learn a little about the health statistics for your county. If you are not located in the U.S., pick a state and county you might like to visit or know more about to complete this assignment. Go to the Community Health Status Indicators Report, and select your state and county to review your local report.http://wwwn.cdc.gov/CommunityHealth/homepage.aspx?j=1
Then, find at least one recent (within last 5 years) article in addition to your Learning Resources to document, and support, the concepts you include in your Discussion post.
Post a comprehensive response to the following:
Using the information available on the Community Health Status Indicators Report, provide a summary of the following information in your county. Use the article(s) you located, as well as your Learning Resources, to support your answers to the following questions in your post:
- Identify your county and state.
- How healthy is your county? What evidence did you use to come to your conclusion?
- What vulnerable populations are identified in your county? Are there groups of individuals who have health disparities? Are there issues related to access to care within your county? If so, what are they?
- Highlight the risk factors for premature death and environmental health concerns seen in you county.
- Where does your county excel or fall behind in preventive health? Provide examples.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Note: Initial postings must be 250-350 words (not including references).