1. List five reasons why organizations outsource. When should an organization choose not to outsource? Why are some organizations moving their software development work back in house? Why are some organizations beginning to use onshoring?
2. Explain the make-or-buy decision process and describe how to perform the financial calculations in the simple lease-or-buy example provided in this chapter.
3. What are the main types of contracts if you decide to outsource? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
5. How do organizations decide whom to send RFPs or RFQs?
8. What is the main purpose of a procurement audit?
1. Why do you think PMI created a separate knowledge area for stakeholder management?
2. What are some ways to identify project stakeholders? Which stakeholders do you think are often not identified when they should be?
3. What are some ways to manage a stakeholder relationship closely? Give examples of how you might manage relationships differently based on the unique personalities of different people.
4. Discuss ways that you have seen people manage stakeholder engagement in your class-room or work environments. Which approaches seem to work the best?
5. Describe the type of information that is documented in an issue log. How can you avoid spending too much time documenting and tracking issues?