Dear Study Pool
The aim of this assignment is to test your knowledge and understanding of key accounting and corporate finance concepts, theories and tools that can be used to critically analyse organisations.
You are required to select a company quoted on the FTSE 250 index which has the same first letter as your surname. Imagine that you are acting as a financial advisor to a potential investor in that company. You are to produce a report of a maximum2,500 words which covers the following issues for the last five years:
- Profits, earnings and dividends (including a comprehensive ratio analysis).
- Financial stability and liquidity (including a comprehensive ratio analysis)
- A critical reflection on the company portrayed by journalists and other financial reports
- An evaluation of the corporate governance of the company.
- Identify the asset value per share and the current market share price and assess whether or not your selected company represents an investment opportunity.
You can use www.northcote.co.uk, pro-share and the FT to identify companies within their sectoral classifications.
It is essential that all sources of information are correctly referenced using the Harvard system.
Maximum words: 2,500words