You need to be aware of the intertwining nature of management and leadership as you look for a management position. Traditionally leadership is viewed as a subset of management. Management without leadership lacks inspiration to drive change. Employers generally include management skills and leadership expectations within job applications and descriptions.
Open your web browser and go to your preferred job engine to search for a management position within health care. You can also search in your local newspaper or job board. Also, you can use the following keywords when completing your search:
Management positions in health care
Health care administrator positions
Health care management
Write a 700- to 1,050-word summary that addresses the following:
- Using the job description or requirements of the jobs you searched, explain the skills and characteristics required for each of the following:
- Identify keywords found within the job posting that represents a management skill or characteristic.
- Identify keywords found within the job posting that represents a leadership skill or characteristic.
- Explain what characteristics are found in a leader.
- What are the traits of an effective leader?
- How do these traits support you in becoming an effective leader in a management position?
- Examine the relationship between personal characteristics and effective leadership.
- How does an individual’s perspective influence their leadership style?
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.