Assignment 1: Ethics and Change
In this module, you learned about the elements of change, how leaders and followers respond to change, and the ethical principles that are relevant to leading and effecting change within organizations. For the discussion in this module, you are asked to evaluate the role of ethics in leadership when effecting organizational change.
Examine an organization’s leadership and ethical decision-making framework and then analyze its effectiveness in bringing about change. For this discussion, use the context of your current (or previous) organization or that of an organization with which you are familiar.
Research organizational leadership, organizational change, and ethical decision making. Use resources from professional literature in your research. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).
Based on your research and experience, in a minimum of 400 words, respond to the following:
- Identify two features of effective change leadership and explain why you believe they are effective.
- Discuss the role of ethics in change leadership and decision making and explain how this might be significant in leading change.
- Recommend 1–2 ethical principles that may assist your organization’s leadership and decision-making framework; support your response with a rationale and professional literature.
- By Wednesday, March 15, 2017, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Friday, March 17, 2017, comment on at least two of your classmates’ responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. All comments should be posted to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area.