Length: no less than 1,000 words, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font size
This essay is to consist of your own thoughts, words, and ideas. No secondary sources are to be used in this essay.
For this assignment, you will work through the prewriting and drafting stages of your writing process in a cause-and-effect essay.
Choose one of the following questions and answer it in an essay developed by analyzing causes or effects. The question you decide on should concern a topic you care about so that the examples are a means of communicating an idea; not an end in themselves.
People and Their Behavior
- How does a person’s alcohol or drug dependency affect others in his or her family?
- Why is a particular television show so popular?
- Why is a college education important?
- Why do marriages between teenagers and those in their early twenties fail more often than marriages between people in other age groups?
- Does the Internet divide people instead of connecting them?