For the first part of your Portfolio Project in ISM500, you will put together a case presentation based on one of the following options:
- Case from the text book Managing Information Technology
- Case based on The Adventures of an IT Leader
Part 1: For the first part of your project, you must construct a visual presentation in PowerPoint, Google Docs Presentations or some other presentation software that can be loaded to the grade center. Each slide should include lecture notes – i.e., what you would say if you were actually presenting this. Make sure each slide summarizes the general idea and your lecture notes expound – you do NOT want to be reading slides to your audience so be sure your lecture notes add substantive material that is relevant for each slide.
Your presentation should be 7-10 slides long, visually appealing and effective in delivering your message. Please note, however, that your PPT will be converted to a PDF file upon submission, so you need not worry about incorporating fancy transitions or animations as those will be lost upon submission. You may want to convert the presentation to a PDF yourself to ensure your images, formatting and lecture notes are not alters. For instructions on how to do this, please click the link at the bottom of the page.
For the second part of your project, you must write a summary report of your final project findings. Your paper can include copies of tables and diagrams used in presentation, but they must be cited according to APA guidelines. Your report should also contain the following components:
- Describe the current situation.
- The problem/and or opportunity, depending upon which case you have chosen.
- The solution and justification for why you’ve chosen that solution.
- An evaluation of the solution and how it will be effective in solving the problem or leveraging the opportunity.
Your report should be 8-10 pages long,