You will choose a topic below and write a 4-5 page paper on your chosen topic. All topics will be in relation to CHILDREN & how it affects children who experience it.
- Bullying (elementary or middle school)
- Racism (elementary, middle school, or high school)
- Dating violence (middle school or high school)
- Street violence/ gang involvement (middle or high school)
- Domestic violence in the home (elementary, middle, or high school)
- Rape (both acquaintance & stranger rape)- high school
- Sexual abuse (elementary or middle school)
- * I may consider other topics, but it must be submitted to and approved by me in the first few weeks of class*
- You will begin your paper with background information on the topic:
- Statistics- how many children does this affect? How common is it (or uncommon)?
- What leads to/ causes this problem?
- What perpetuates the problem/ keeps it going?
- Does society address it or ignore it?
- Any other pertinent background information
- Next, you will describe in detail what causes someone to be a perpetrator of this problem. How does one become a bully/ rapist/ racist/ child molester/ gang member/ domestic abuser, etc.
- Then you will describe in detail the effects this problem has on it’s victims, both short-term & long-term.
- Next, you will describe, in detail, how to PREVENT this problem from occurring.
- Write a brief conclusion
Paper must be:
- APA Reference page