One of your relatives has come into a significant amount of money recently, and wants to invest $100,000 dollars in a stock that is listed either on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) or the NASDAQ. This relative has asked you to recommend three stocks that can be held for awhile to maximize earnings, and will choose from one of the three you recommend. You have agreed to do a little research and provide the recommendations.
You may use one of the financial services sites like http://finance.yahoo.com and find three stocks you like (for instance, Wal-Mart, FedEx, and Microsoft). In an MS Word document, write up your recommendations and your rationale for each. Your recommendation should include:
- The name of the stocks and the stock symbols
- The exchange where the stocks are traded
- The 52 week range (high/low price)
- The lowest amount each stock has traded in the past year
- The highest amount each has traded
- The amount each stock closed on the previous business day
- Price earnings ratios (P/E)
- Your reasons you would recommend these stocks along with the pros and cons of selecting each one.