When selecting a cloud vendor to host your enterprise data and apps, you need to evaluate the service level agreement (SLA).
- Research the SLAs of two cloud vendors, such as Rackspace, Amazon, or Google.
- For the vendors you selected, what are the SLAs’ uptime percent? Expect them to be 99.9 percent or less.
- Does each vendor count both scheduled down- time and planned downtime toward the SLA uptime percent?
- Compare the SLAs in terms of two other criteria.
- Decide which SLA is better based on your comparisons.
- Report your results and explain your decision.
Note: References must be cited and in current APA format.