Select one advertisement geared specifically toward children (This can be a commercial, a print ad or a billboard ad). Any form of advertisement can be used in this assignment).
Briefly describe the ad, then address the following in your blog post:
- What does the ad attempt to encourage children to do?
- Why are children considered to be a special audience when it comes to mass media and advertising?
- List one area of development in children that makes them more susceptible to harm from advertisements.
- Does the ad you selected have the potential to harm children? In what way?
- What role does media literacy play in helping to protect children from negative media influences?
- In your opinion, is society doing enough to safeguard children from exposure to potentially harmful media? Explain your response.
In addition to the ad you select, include and cite at least two peer-reviewed articles pertaining to stages of mass media development or media and children.