- I have Chapter 9 That Needed to be Read To Answer Questions
- • What is the purpose of antitrust law?
- What are the main issues of antitrust law as they pertain to sports?
- Explain the Sherman Anti Trust Act.
- What are the mandatory subjects or collective bargaining?
- Define decertification and impasse.
- What is the difference between restricted and unrestricted free agency?
- Explain the Rule of Reason Analysis.
- Why does baseball have a special exemption? What is the reserve clause?
- Explain when a CBA would be exempt from antitrust laws (look at the Mackey test)?
- As pertains to antitrust law, what are your thoughts on the minimum age requirements in certain leagues, and the minimum years of attending college for some sports? When considering this, please look to the cases discussed in the book.
- Look up the court decision in American Needle, sited in your chapter, and discuss the decision.
- Explain what a single entity means for antitrust purposes.
- Do you think it is right that student athletes are NOT considered employees for purposes of antitrust laws? Why or Why not?
- After reading this chapter and considering the one year scholarships, we have discussed, do you think that the one year scholarship is an unreasonable restraint of trade? Why or why not? Be sure to include your knowledge of contract law as well.
- Take one of the many cases referenced in this chapter and expand on it. Look it up, any way possible, and explain the ruling, why it was so important and your opinion on the courts’ decision. (4 points)
- Discuss your thoughts regarding the Northwestern Unionization of the football team and how it could impact antitrust laws in collegiate sports
Empire Essays is a leading custom essay writing service based in the United States. Since 2008, we have been providing exclusive writing services with our exceptional team of professional academic writers.
79 Folsom Ave, San Francisco, CA 94107,
Tel: +1(805) 568 7317
Mobile: +1(805) 568 7317