Continuing with the assumptions from the previous discussion, as the human resources training professional, you have trained hiring managers about the importance of some employment laws. After your training, you have asked managers to provide feedback to you about their understanding of the 6 employee laws. The following laws were included in the training:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Equal Pay Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
Research the following questions to determine the expected responses from the hiring managers:
- How could each of the employment laws affect attracting potential candidates to your company or industry?
- How would you use the laws to narrow down the best candidates to be interviewed?
- How are the laws used in the interview process?
- How are the laws used in a job description or a job posting, and why?