This paper only needs to be 1-2 pages (1 full page at a minimum), and you need to have a minimum of 4 responses under each aspect (i.e. 4 under each heading: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats). Your responses must be in complete sentences, not in fragmented bullets. For each section, ask yourself the following (you do not have to answer every single question below in detail- it is more of a guide for your response):
*I have started the paper//Needs to be written from a leadership perspective and a potential employer of health services administration. Make things up as you go even if it’s from your prospective.
Strengths: This part looks at what you do well and where your skills shine. Questions to ask include:
- What benefits do you have which others do not have? This could include skills, education, or connections.
- What are you better at than anyone else?
- What personal resources do you have access to?
- What do other people see as your strengths?
- Which achievements are you most proud of?
- What values do you believe in that others fail to show?
- Are you part of a network no one else is involved in? What connections do you have with powerful people?
Weaknesses: This part examines the areas you need to improve and that will set you back when searching for certain types of positions. Questions to consider include:
- What work do you usually avoid because of lack of confidence?
- What do people think your weaknesses are?
- Are you happy with your education and skills training?
- Do you have any negative work habits?
- Which of your personality traits hold you back?
Opportunities: For this section, you must look at the external factors you can take advantage of, to find a new job or career direction. Questions to ask include:
- What new technology can assist you? my calendar on my phone, webex, Skype etc
- Can you take advantage of the market in its present state? yes health care market is always thriving
- Do you have a network of strategic contacts to offer good advice or help you?
- Are any of your competitors failing to do something important? Can you take advantage of it?
- Is there a need in your company which no one is filling?
- Could you create an opportunity by offering solutions to problems?
Threats: This part takes into account the external factors that could hurt your search for new work. The factors to take into account include:
- What hindrances do you currently face at work?
- Are any of your co-workers competing with you for projects or roles? yes i make sure my team stats are up to goal to be sure i out do my co-workers
- Is your job changing? yes the technology aspect is better.
- Can technological changes threaten your position?
- Could any of your weaknesses lead to threats?
To get a better sense of what this exercise entails, check out the following links:
- How to Perform a Personal SWOT Analysis (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Personal SWOT Analysis: Making the Most of your Talents and Opportunities (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Analyze Your Career with a Personal SWOT (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
No external references are required for this paper. However, this assignment needs to be in APA format. This is a writing style that is common in the social sciences, including HSA. It ensures that every paper is standardized, and this will be part of your grade. Some of the important characteristics include:
- 1-2 pages (1 full page at a minimum)
- Standard APA cover page
- 12 point, standard font (i.e. Times New Roman, Arial, etc.)
- 1 inch margins
- Double spacing throughout paper
- A page header at the top of every page
- Subheadings for each different section