Option #2: Threats to Health Information Technology
Data accuracy and security are crucial to the administration of electronic medical records (EMR). Threats to the use of electronic medical records include physical loss or damage, crimes, viruses, and unauthorized access.
Prepare a paper that addresses the following requirements:
- Select one of the following topics:
- Health Systems Security
- Health Systems Quality
- Health Systems Privacy
- Research and locate 3-5 peer-reviewed articles on one of the above topics.
- Describe the selected topic in your own words. Explain the importance of the topic in planning and implementing HMIS.
- Synthesize the key findings of each article into a summary that encompasses the 3-5 articles you researched. Include an assessment of the implications of laws, regulations, and ethics on the overall findings of your research into health systems security, health systems quality, or health systems privacy.
- Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length and conform to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the course textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with references. All facts must be supported. In-text references used throughout the assignment must be included in an APA-formatted re.