Hello, please see the below:
- Read “Taking It to the Next Level—Enhancing Capabilities” (questions and answers 125-133) in the Guide to Enterprise Risk Management located at the website: http://www.ucop.edu/enterprise-risk-management/_files/protiviti_faqguide.pdf
- Read “The Building a Compelling Business Case” (questions and answers 134-136) in the Guide to Enterprise Risk Management.
- Read “Making It Happen” (questions and answers 137-144) in the Guide to Enterprise Risk Management.
- Navigate to the ERM: Taking it to the Next Level and Making it Happen discussion thread below and answer the following questions based on your current organization or an organization with which you are familiar:
- Portfolio View of Risks. Would taking a portfolio view of risks make sense for your organization? Explain why or why not? (Be sure to identify the organization.)
- Improving Business Performance. An important contribution of ERM is improvement of business performance, in part because key elements of the business are monitored more closely. Accordingly, identify at least one value driver (or key underlying variable) and an associated KPI (key performance indicator; metric) that should likely be monitored as part of ERM in the organization.
- Making the Case for ERM. Based on what you have learned about ERM thus far, create an “elevator speech”—a speech that can be shared in about 1 ½-2 minutes—for making a compelling business case for ERM.
- Provide a detailed post that demonstrates clear, insightful critical thinking. Your initial posting should be 200-300 words long.
- Your initial posting is to include, at a minimum, two sources properly cited and referenced: (a) the Enterprise Risk Management Guidebook, and (b) one academic journal article that is at least 3-5 pages in length and published within the last 3-5 years.