Throughout this course, you have examined various information systems and technology terms, tools, theories, and methodologies. In fact, you have given significant thought to knowledge management, social commerce and e-commerce, information systems consultant resource options for various organizational projects, selections of decision support systems, and business continuity and risk management planning. These topics are general concerns for some business executives and IT leaders, and developing or modifying strategies to increase the probability of meeting corporate objectives is critical.
During Week 1, you imagined that you were the new Vice President of the Information Technology division of a global apparel company and received a list of requests from fictitious business executives. Now you will synthesize the research literature and information you gathered and share your recommendations to help the executives create their strategies.
To prepare for this Assignment, review the Assignments you submitted in Weeks 2–6 in which you responded to the various fictitious business executives’ requests.
By Day 7
Submit a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you synthesize the research you have compiled over Weeks 2–6 and provide your strategic recommendations to the team of executives. Your presentation should contain 1 to 2 slides per topic area, with detailed notes explaining your rationale for the theories and recommendations you chose. Be sure to include a cover slide and References slide(s) as well. Your presentation should include the following headings and must address the bullet points provided:
Knowledge Management (Executive A)
- Briefly summarize (in 2 to 3 bullet points) the relevance and importance of knowledge management to the organization.
- Identify a theory, model, or framework relevant to knowledge management that you believe Executive A can use to gain an understanding of why this topic is helpful to the organization. Include a rationale for your proposal and appropriate scholarly citations to support your assertion.
Social Commerce and Electronic Commerce (Executive B)
- Describe two or more theories, models, or frameworks that can help the executive define characteristics of his/her customers and develop a strategic approach to e-commerce customer satisfaction. Identify the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Recommend at least one strategy for how to increase e-commerce customer satisfaction for this company.
Information Systems Resource Options (Executive C)
- Provide at least two theories or models that might help the executive as he or she decides how and where to begin. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of these theories or models?
- Based on the evidence you provide, recommend the appropriate consultant resource type(s) for the executive’s projects.
Information Systems and Decision Making (Executive D)
- Identify at least two theories or models that might help the executive in implementing the most appropriate DSS for the organization.
- Recommend one or more DSS options for this organization, including a rationale for your recommendation.
Business Continuity Planning and Risk Management (Executive E)
- Identify at least two theories or models related to business continuity that might help the executive and his or her team begin the process of developing a business continuity plan.
- Recommend one or more business continuity plan approaches for this organization, including a rationale for your recommendation.