Due 11/20/2019 @ 11am
Submit a paper proposal (300-500 words) for your comparative paper.
- Set out the context of the topic of your paper in thinking comparatively about two similar or dissimilar writers, themes, ideas, perspectives that we have encountered and analyzed throughout the course.
- You must address at least one reading or media we have discussed in the course, and you are free to relate this to an outside reading/media.
- Include a short working bibliography.
- Develop a finessed and articulate argument/thesis statement on the issue or problem in the topic of your paper.
- Explain why the topic is important, relevant, and interesting.
- Outline the ways in which the topic and problem/issue will be addressed.
PLEASE NOTE IN ADDITION TO THIS PARAGRAPH I WILL ALSO BE NEEDING A PAPER (9-10 PAGES) BASED ON THE TOPIC THAT YOU CHOOSE THAT I WILL BE POSTING LATER.*
The goal of this paper is for you to choose any two similar or dissimilar writers, themes, ideas, perspectives that we have encountered and analyzed over the course. Choose two similar or dissimilar writers from the following:
1. Ari Shavit -Audio Interview: My Promised Land: The Triumph & Tragedy of Israel
2. David Grossman -“Individual Language and Mass Language,” Writing in the Dark: Essays on Literature and Politics
3. Ghassan Kanafani’s -“Returning to Haifa,” in Palestine’s Children: Returning to Haifa & Other Stories
4. Hany Abu-Assad -Film: Paradise Now
5. Ari Shavit -“By the Sea,” My Promised Land: The Triumph & Tragedy of Israel
6. Eran Riklis – Film: A Borrowed Identity