Emergency health disasters can occur when least expected. As evidenced by the readings, it is important to anticipate and prepare for such events.
Develop an Emergency Response Plan, outlining disaster preparedness for your worksite to deal with flooding. Review flooding in the Jeddah region for a better understanding of the seriousness and causes of the situation. Below are some websites to help you begin your research:
- Jeddah Flooding, 2009, video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvCgCJCHwD4
- Saudi Arabia: Top 10 Natural Disasters C
- Saudi Arabia: Disaster & Risk Profile
In your plan, be sure to address answers to problems regarding organizing, training, equipping, and correcting efforts to provide effective collaboration. You are not required to include actual names of people. For an example from the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), please see: Business Emergency Response Plan: https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1388775706419-f977cdebbefcd545dfc7808c3e9385fc/Business_EmergencyResponsePlans_10pg_2014.pdf
Your plan should meet the following structural requirements:
- 7 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages, include introduction and conclusion, include the contact numbers of authorities organizations.
- Include the following sections:
- Goals and objectives
- Evacuation plan
- Emergency Response Team (roles-not names)
- Sheltering Plan
- Instructions for Broadcast Warnings
- Medical Emergency Plan
- Public Emergency Contacts
- Plan Distribution and Access
- Formatted according to APA
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations for each paragraph from a minimum of 8 scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but the other two must be external.