Manage Personal Work Priorities and Professional Development
Managers are often given a broad direction of what is to be accomplished in the workplace and then must set their own goals and plan their activities to ensure goals are achieved in a time efficient manner. This activity requires you to establish your work goals, review your work effectiveness and develop a work plan to set and meet these goals and improve your work effectiveness.
Part A – Review of work effectiveness
You are required to use the time management log (Appendix A) and complete the following instructions:
1. Complete the time management log for five days (one week).
2. Specify your goals for each day.
3. Record all activities as they occur. Record all interruptions, trying to give as much detail as possible. Do not rely on your memory to fill in the log at the end of the day.
4. Enter a priority for the activity, either an A, B or C. A is important, B is somewhat important, and C is not important. If the action is ‘Urgent’ then put an * next to the priority.
5. Enter your energy levels at the time of completing the activity, either H – High, M – Moderate or L – Low.
6. Comment on each activity. Note any suggestions for how the activity could be improved upon. The more detailed the better for analysing your time log. Treat the time log as a challenge and record every significant event.
Could you please provide recommendations for this task? what can I do for this?