Assignment 5: Preparing for the Agency’s Future, Part 5
Refer to the Scenario for Assignments 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of eight to ten (8-10) slides. Address the agency’s future using the following criteria (taken from Chapter 12):
- Analyze at least three (3) challenges of succession planning for your selected agency.
- Propose at least three (3) components of effective implementation of succession planning.
- Discuss at least three (3) skills for managing personnel through turbulence, providing a rationale for each skill.
- Recommend at least three (3) innovations for succession planning, providing a rationale for each recommendation.
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites. (Include no more than one (1) non-government Website)
Note: Please make sure in-text citations are utilized within the PowerPoint presentation, note section, and referenced on the Reference slide.
The format of the assignment is to be as follows:
- Develop eight to 10 (8-10) PowerPoint slides, with one or two (1 or 2) devoted to each of the topics in items 1-4 above. Slides should abbreviate the information in no more than five or six (5 or 6) bullet points each.
- Incorporate 200-250 words of content in the Notes View of each PowerPoint slide. (These would be used while presenting the slides to an audience.
- Slide titles should be based on the criteria described above (e.g., “Challenges of Succession Planning,” etc.)
- In addition to the content slides required, a title slide and a reference slide are to be included. The title slide is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date. The reference slide should list, in APA format, the sources you consulted in writing the paper.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the major components of the personnel management system, procedures, and processes in the public sector.
- Evaluate current and emerging issues and trends in public personnel management, such as evaluation, public sector recruitment, staffing employment development compensation, benefits, pensions, strategic planning, and / or succession planning.
- Develop a proposal for strategic public personnel management for a specific setting.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in public personnel management.
- Write clearly and concisely about public personnel management using proper writing mechanics.