- Baltzan, P., and Phillips, A. (2015). Business Driven Information Systems (5th ed).
- Week 4 articles and videos
- It is recommended students search the Internet for a Data Collection Plan template.
Scenario: You are an entrepreneur in the process of researching a business development idea. As you create a high-level Information Technology (IT) strategy for your new enterprise, it is important to consider how digital data will be collected, stored, analyzed, and used. A Project Data Collection Plan will guide the process of identifying enterprise digital data needs, maintenance, and use in the context of your goal to incorporate business driven IT. The Data Collection Plan is intended to describe a high-level process for collecting and maintaining digital data. The Data Collection Plan is a working document, which is expected to change over time as new project details emerge.
Create a high-level Project Data Collection Plan for your project in a minimum of 700 words which includes the following information:
- A description of the digital data needs of the enterprise organized by department
- A summary of the type data to be collected and who will use it
- A description of how the data management system will contribute to organizational collaboration
- An innovative plan for collecting, storing, analyzing and distributing data that employs emerging technologies such as cloud computing, virtualization, and big data
Cite a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed references from the University of Phoenix Library.
Format consistent with APA guidelines.