Based on your own experience and knowledge with financial reporting, planning, and decision making, develop conclusions and explain the ethical implications of financial decisions within an organization. You may need to do additional research on the implications of using insider information (for example, the case of Martha Stewart) to help you complete this assessment.
Write an essay in which you respond to the following:
- Why is insider trading considered unethical? Keep in mind that some individuals do not see anything unethical about it, even though it is a criminal offense.
- Would allowing insider trading, even if it were ethical, hinder the operation of the stock market in raising capital for new and existing companies? Explain.
- Length: Your essay should be 3–5 typed, double-spaced pages, including a title page and references.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Style and formatting: Use current APA style to format your essay and cite your references. You must use at least two references in your essay.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point
- Murthy, G. (2009). Financial accounting. Mumbai, India: Himalaya Publishing House.
- Vataliya, K. S. (2009). Practical financial accounting: Advance methods, techniques and practices. Jaipur, India: Paradise Publishers.
- Doran, D. T. (2012). Financial reporting standards: A decision-making perspective for non-accountants. New York, NY: Business Experts Press.
You must use two or more scholarly sources in your essay to support your responses.