Scenario Analysis: Communication And Values
In this assignment, you will analyze a communication exchange between a manager and an employee, similar to what occurs in many organizations. When reading the case, consider the terms and concepts from the module readings and how these apply to the scenario.
Your response will include these terms and concepts applied in such a manner as to demonstrate both your understanding and application in a workplace setting.
Read the scenario and answer the questions.
In 500 words, post to the Discussion Area your responses to the following:
- Who was more effective—Colleen or Ricardo?
- On the basis of the communication terms, concepts, and theories covered in this module, what did the more effective communicator do that made him or her effective?
- What values directed Ricardo’s response in this situation?
- What values directed Colleen’s response in this situation?
- What particular aspects of their communication could have been improved upon and how?
Support your rationale and analysis by using at least two resources from professional literature in your response.
Professional literature may include the University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu or .gov).
Use what you have learned from this module’s readings, lectures, and activities as well as your independent research to answer these questions and justify your reasoning by citing academic and peer-reviewed sources.
Module terms, concepts, and theories need to be integrated and cited within your response to move the response from being an opinion to being an informed opinion.
Additionally, consider your response from both traditional and contemporary organizational perspectives and how leaders and followers might interact in each perspective.